1. Rebel for Rights Ruth Monyihan’s biography of Oregon suffragette Abigail Scott Duniway.
2. A Girl From Yamhill and On My Own Two Feet Famed children’s writer Beverly Cleary tells her own story in these two memoirs.
3. When God Talks Back Anthropologist Tanya Luhrmann on the American evangelical’s experience of doubt and belief.
4. The Big Burn Timothy Egan’s account of the nascent forest service and conservation movement, and a tremendous early 20th century western wildfire.
5. Every Riven Thing New poems–beautiful and harrowing–by Poetry magazine editor Christian Wiman.